Sunday, March 15, 2009

Into the Light

I had such a fabulous weekend in class. My classmates, faculty, assistants, and readers really make it something special that I feel. I love entering my week filled with joy and upliftment, it's a great way to start :).

So I found out that my Dad is going all out for our trip to the racing school. He bought a trailer! I was amazed, so he can carry all his tools and tires and such. He is really going all out for this.

Over the weekend I shared with my class that I continuing to pursue this project by discovering the most aesthetically pleasing, beautiful, uplifting, intense, breathtaking driving experiences available in California. As a way to begin the week I would like to share an experience I had on one particular drive. It goes something like this...

I set off to drive up to the peak of Mount Wilson, which is about 5200 feet above sea level. Surprisingly, it is only about 25 miles from my house, who would a thunk it? I take the 210 west up to the 2 Angeles Crest Highway into the mountains. I begin the ascent with my own personal soundtrack. I happened to choose "Traveling Without Moving" by Jamiroquai, it opens the song with a Lamborghini Diablo SE30 accelerating from a dead stop; that gets my heart going every time, Whew! As I approach each bend, I sway back and forth, caressing each turn as if I were gently brushing up against a good friend. Upon reaching 3000 feet, I glance to my left, and my jaw drops. The scene of rolling, lush mountains across the crisp, clear, post-rain blue sky is absolutely magnificent. As I approach Red Box Road, the right side of the road is covered in snow, slightly dirty. The rest of the way is even more trecherous, tighter curves, less straights, yet absolutely amazing scenery. By the time I reach the top, I am completely stunned by the beauty. Standing between 100 foot radio towers, I gazed upon ALL of Southern California in one view! I could see the stretches of Santa Monica, out to Catalina, all the way down to Newport Beach. Gently, I took in the scene scape.

I realized that I was typing all in one paragraph, so here is a little division. :)

I got out of my car, and continuing gazing upon the beauty of human civilization. And then, I had this realization manifesting in the experience. We are all one. The roads, trees, water, buildings, people, animals, sky; we are all connected. I felt that this is what God would look at if God were to see us. I felt this level of elevated consciousness just by seeing everything with altitude. I then opened my hands, centered myself, and sent a blanket of Loving Light to all that is Southern California. It was a marvelous experience.

Thanks for reading, and as always here is another gorgeous vehicle :)
The Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
















I don't usually like covertibles, yet, it is stunning.

1 comment:

  1. you are an inspiration & a source of powerful loving to me.. try John Digweed's Global Underground LA - Disc 1
    it has a couple of amazing opening tracks i love to drive to..

    love & light
    kyle..

    ReplyDelete